Banner 468 X 60

Stop Prediabetes Now: The Ultimate Plan to Lose Weight and Prevent Diabetes



Stop Prediabetes Now: The Ultimate Plan to Lose Weight and Prevent Diabetes
Jack Challem,Ron Hunninghake M.D. | 2007-10-19 00:00:00 | Wiley | 304 | Diets
Prediabetes is now an epidemic affecting close to 100 million Americans. In its early stages, prediabetes lowers a person's energy and mental clarity. Untreated, it turns into type 2 diabetes, which can be deadly. Along the way, prediabetes increases the risk of persistent weight problems, sleep disorders, inflammation, and mood swings. Ultimately, it predisposes people to heart disease, stroke, Alzheimer's, and cancer. Stop Prediabetes Now offers a practical step-by-step program for improving eating habits and using nutritional supplements to reverse prediabetes and related weight problems. This unique book also includes shopping instructions, meal plans, and easy-to-prepare recipes.

Jack Challem, known as the Nutrition Reporter, is the lead author of the bestselling Syndrome X (0-471-39858-6) and author of The Inflammation Syndrome (0-471-47881-4), Feed Your Genes Right (0-471-77867-2) and The Food-Mood Solution (0-471-75610-5). Ronald Hunninghake, MD (Wichita, KS) is Medical Director of the Center for Human Improvement, the largest nonprofit nutritional medical center in the United States.
Reviews
This is a very practical and readable book. It outlines some very useful advice on how to control your blood sugar and likewise some good advice on a healthful diet. Not a 'diet book' but instead a guide to eating for good health. My only objection is that it does seem to be a bit harsh in it's treatment of carbs--especially wheat and grains. However that said, it does justify this argument with scientific facts and presents evidence for all it's arguments. All in all, I think it is the best book I've read on this subject in a while and I've already begun to implement some of it's suggestions. In my opinion it is well worth buying.
Reviews
Recently found out that my fasting glucose level was 101 ml and my total cholesterol was 320. I got this book hoping to reduce my glucose level and got a lot more than I expected. All I did was following the eating principals in this book and exercised 5x a week. As a result, my fasting glucose went from 101 ml (prediabetic score) to 80 ml (normal score). In addition, my total cholesterol went from 320 to 188! My LDL went from 220 to 121 and my HDL went up. My triglycerides went from 188 to 58. I really could not believe the dramatic change in my overall lab work as a result of reading and implementing the material in this book. I highly recommend this book to anyone that wants to improve their health!
Reviews
I am about half way through this book and have already learned a great deal about what is in our food, how it affects us, and what foods should be avoided. This book also keeps me focused on my goals. There is encouragement through short stories that are inspiring. you do not have to be diabetic or pre-diabetic to get practical use from this book. I highly recommend this book.


Reviews
I bought this book because my husband was in complete denial of his situation. BMI of 35 but unwilling to admit to being over weight. He was very athletic when he was younger and look good and was fit at 220lb. Now at 45 and 235 with no exercise for years he is in danger. His father is a diabetic ampute. In fear for his health I got him this book. In 3 weeks he's down 10 lb is on the cardio machine or lifting every day. His blood work is already better. As scientist we both like detailed well research information. This book delivers and even more importantly has a plan that is easy to implement. After all reading a bunch of facts can be over whelming and not lead to action. This book does both.

I do think it is a little sever on carb restrictions for long term use. Espcialy once your BMI and % body fat are healthy. The environment implications of every one on earth eating mostly meat and fresh veg. would be disasterous as they are finding out in China right now. The resorces used to make grain verus meat are unsustainable.
Reviews
the book is fine but the shipping was terrible....took much too long to get it....the seller did not ship very fast.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download


0 comments: