Banner 468 X 60

Twelfth Night or What You Will (The New Cambridge Shakespeare)



Twelfth Night or What You Will (The New Cambridge Shakespeare)
William Shakespeare | 2004-03-15 00:00:00 | Cambridge University Press | 186 | Drama
Penny Gay has written a new Introduction to this updated edition of Shakespeare's popular comedy. She stresses the play's theatricality, its elaborate linguistic games and its complex use of Ovidian myths. In addition, Gay analyzes its delicate balancing of romance and realism and exploration of gender, sexuality and identity. First Edition Hb (1985): 0-521-22752-6 First Edition Pb (1985): 0-521-29633-1
Reviews
How can you give one star to Shakespeare? You can't. It's the package that's bad. If I were Cambridge I'd be unhappy with the "inaccurate" advertising. And if my job at Amazon was making out the payment to Cambridge, I'd wonder why give them any money at all.



Here again the Kindle version is not what is included in the paper version. Don't get me wrong, I love my Kindle. But to get that 91,000 volumes in the library they must have bought a bunch of e-book classics, and whoever did the scanning and digitizing did NOT copy the entire book. It's too bad that the proofreaders turn out to be the customer.



I looked at both the Folger edition and the Cambridge edition online. Liked the Cambridge intro materials better. So that's what I bought. What I got was the play itself. $3.20 ain't bad for a great play, but it's not what was promised.

Download this book!

Free Ebooks Download


0 comments: